If environmental, economic and societal issues are intimately linked, the smart building and its equipment, even if they are still in their infancy, are part of an evolution of controlled energy consumption, at the city level. It is by building modern buildings, based on the synergies of technologies endowed with a strong dynamic of interoperability, that we will face the digital transition with serenity. So, between the use of artificial intelligence and efforts to save electricity and natural resources, how does the smart building improve user comfort?
Intelligent building: what benefits for companies and communities?
Before discussing in detail the specific characteristics of the intelligent building, its definition provides information on the design of a particular infrastructure network, which is by no means fixed. By bringing together all the players in the life of the city, the smart building is what the future holds for real estate in terms of sustainable and respectable housing, thanks to :
- to the contributions of intelligent data of all kinds;
- to the optimal management of energy consumption;
- detection of possible temperature peaks, to allow scheduled maintenance;
- compliance with current environmental standards;
- to the automation of tasks, to serve the interests of the architecture and reduce costs.
5 use cases for the smart building
As the place of residence and work par excellence for the current and future generations, the smart building combines intelligent building with security. The sensor systems resulting from IoT innovation promote the quality of life of the occupants of the city of tomorrow. Because the examples help to understand the challenges of smart buildings, let’s highlight:
- the importance of perimeter security of a firewall around residential and business buildings;
- protection of residents’ identities and the confidentiality of their personal data;
- real-time detection of operating anomalies, failures or leaks;
- the reassuring side of the SOC (security operation center), which encompasses host systems and applications right down to the peripherals, as well as anti-virus solutions.