At a time when climate disruption is a major concern, globalization actors, environmentalists, but also citizens around the world, are looking for optimal energy efficiency and better living comfort, while saving money. This means that the challenges of the energy transition require maintenance solutions and architectural changes based on cutting-edge innovation. This is how the concept of smart building is gaining momentum in the heart of smart cities, with an eco-responsible and sustainable building of the future.
Towards a reduction in energy consumption with the smart building
An intelligent building has features designed to optimize the sense of safety and comfort of city dwellers, while advocating for lower energy consumption.
In order to respond to the constraints of a sensitive environmental context and to make the best use of the limited space of metropolises, the smart building :
- uses sensors that regulate the lighting and temperature of the rooms, depending on their frequency of use;
- favors the use of renewable energies in order to minimize greenhouse gas emissions;
- uses software and digital technology to facilitate the management of equipment and communication services;
- uses many connected objects and home automation, which allows to control the activity of the building remotely.
Innovative equipment for the intelligent and eco-responsible building of the future
If intelligent building and energy consumption seem to be inseparable concepts, the Intelligent building also means ecological transition. With changing equipment and innovative technologies, the smart building satisfies the needs of its occupants, in addition to meeting the challenges of resilience and sobriety:
- The interaction of modern electronic integrated networks emphasizes communication and user involvement in the fight against energy waste;
- computer technologies are involved in the planning and automation of office and home functions, for better management of energy consumption;
- Permanent recycling results in the design of buildings based on renewable materials and a reduction in pollution at the same time;
- Fire detectionis done by connected sensor systems, as well as prevention of water leaks and heating failures;
- Real-time collection of household consumption data is a guarantee of better day-to-day electricity management.