In spite of this, the actors in charge of thinking about tomorrow’s urban planning cannot ignore a transformation of their infrastructures, in the context of the exacerbated development of metropolises and the worrying warming of the temperature on the surface of the globe. The smart building intends to respond to these concerns, thanks to “IoT” type devices, reconciling renewable energies, better quality of life, automated maintenance and building security. To adapt to the situation, smart buildings must stop wasting electricity, but not only…
Smart building: how to make your building smart?
How can we find the perfect balance between savings, efficient equipment, occupant well-being and respect for the environment in urban architecture without resorting to intelligent buildings and the IoT, the Internet of Things?
Design an intelligent building, where artificial intelligence and technologies allow you to reduce land use costs and monitor your buildings for preventive purposes. You will make rhyme with intelligent building and sustainable development, with :
- Sensors designed to bring back the collected data and to facilitate their management;
- networks and connected tools, which survey the needs of city dwellers in real time and participate in an adjusted analysis of their natural resource consumption;
- supervision software, which reduces unused space in homes and businesses;
- mobile applications to remotely control the temperature and lighting of rooms.
5 benefits of turning your buildings into intelligent buildings
Have you ever heard of building automation? This term, born from the contraction of the word “building”, to which the suffix “-tique” has been added, corresponds to home automation, large-scale version. In concrete terms, this means all the electronic, computer and automatic systems and telecommunications networks installed in the “intelligent building” by definition.
This intelligent building has features designed to be fully integrated into the complex process of ecological transition. Its advantages are multiple, because it :
- provides information on the detailed consumption of users, in terms of electricity, water or ventilation;
- allows an immediate maintenance intervention in case of failure or leakage;
measures the flow of entries and exits of the building, indicating the hours of affluence in
- offices and living quarters;
- improves the energy efficiency of buildings, thanks to the technical management of the building (GTB).