Industry 4.0 technologies, such as those developed in the medical industry, form major elements of the flexibility and productivity engine of the factories of the future. Automotive manufacturers have integrated the need for digital transformation of their production units into their business strategy and investment policy. To serve the needs of professionals and their customers, this quest for industrial innovation is surrounded by a phenomenon of widespread automation of equipment. It is characterized by the use of connected sensors, with the positive effect of reducing operating costs.
How does Industry 4.0 support the automotive industry?
The ambitious goal of Industry 4. 0 is to exploit the many benefits of the IoT concept. Faced with the challenges of the constant evolution of the use of the car, the automotive sector intends to optimize the profitability of its structures and facilitate the missions of its employees.
The solutions proposed by Industry 4.0 are many and varied:
- Robots, controlled by multi-skilled operators, handle particularly difficult tasks on production lines;
- Software simplifies communication between teams and with external partners, such as suppliers;
- Predictive maintenance ensures uninterrupted production by anticipating potential machine breakdowns;
- Quality control is becoming more efficient, particularly through traceability systems that are perfectly adapted to the requirements of the automotive sector.
A modernized production line and ecological issues
The automotive industry benefits directly from the innovation of Industry 4. 0 technologies in the same way as Industry 4. This contribution can be seen in all areas of the company, from the IT network to production and logistics. Among the advantages noted, we will retain above all the modernization of the production chain, defined by :
- greater flexibility, thanks to real-time management of raw material supplies;
- Increased productivity, by anticipating consumer needs;
Increased responsiveness, as connected tools facilitate data sharing and accelerate decision-making;
- maximum compliance with specifications, made possible by the widespread automation of equipment in line with the requirements of the principals.