The digital transformation of industrial companies is a true digital revolution. The challenges of Industry 4.0 technologies are numerous. This digital transformation integrates various applications for the industrial sector, aimed at improving production systems. This augmented reality includes the optimization of connected devices and 3D printing.
Industry 4.0 and digital technologies: challenges and opportunities
Industry 4.0 or industry of the future allows industrial companies to optimize their production systems to make them more efficient and customizable, according to the specific needs of each production line. This industrial revolution brings with it various challenges, such as:
- digital transformation through the performance of connected devices;
- improvement of processes and working methods ;
- the acquisition of new skills in digital technology;
- Standardization of rules and working methods to simplify the sharing of stakeholder data;
- Cybersecurity control for the protection of sensitive and confidential information.
The industrial revolution is interconnected with all stakeholders in the production process: machines, products and employees. In this Industry 4.0, 3D printing enables the rapid production of complex shaped parts using machining processes such as additive manufacturing and plastic injection.
What are the main applications of Industry 4.0?
Thanks to the digital revolution in the industrial sector, production methods are changing to allow consumers to benefit from diversified and personalized products. Industry 4.0, the fruit of the industrial revolution, is moving from virtual reality to augmented reality, which offers the opportunity to superimpose 3D virtual data on reality, through a projection system.
It is thus opposed to virtual reality, which has harmful effects on health in the long term, similar to seasickness or a feeling of claustrophobia. This digital transformation makes it possible to generate a precise follow-up of the production line thanks to the precise location of the elements to be handled.
The industry of the future is effective in improving production processes that encompass qualitative data on production patterns and real-time information on device maintenance. The production system in Industry 4.0 is leveraged by deploying innovative systems such as IIoT.
Among these production systems, we can mention :
- Edge Computing for Automation and Data Analytics;
- Al and Big Data Analytics to optimize processes through artificial intelligence;
- advanced high-speed network technologies (Wi-Fi, Ethernet, LTE, Wan).